So the heatwave is hitting us again and we all crave something quick, easy to eat, & fresh right?! – If you don’t love salads then you will after trying this one!
I made this one yesterday & the household loved it !! ♡
Ingredients (Serves 1)
– 1/2 a bag of mixed leaf salad.
– 1 handful of cherry tomatoes.
– 30g of goats cheese.
– 40g of brown rice.
– 20g of Quinoa.
– A small helping of fresh parsley.
– 1 Slice of lemon.
– Salt & Olive oil.
– Place the brown basmati rice into a saucepan & leave to boil for around 20 minutes, depending on which brand you use.
– Place the Quinoa into a saucepan, pour boiling water around 2cm above the Quinoa itself & leave to soak for a couple of minutes.
– Whilst waiting, prepare salad bowl by placing the mixed salad leafs into it.
– Then slice the cherry tomatoes & goats cheese, and set aside.
– Once the rice is cooked & drained, pop this on top of the salad along with the Quinoa.
– Now you’ll be ready to add the cherry tomatoes, goats cheese, parsley, and add a small pinch of salt, a drizzle of squirted fresh lemon, and olive oil.